From your Radix VISO admin account, you can set up additional users with their own profile on your domain, who will have individual access to the existing devices in Radix.
You can assign a specific role to each user and give them certain privileges according to the level of access you wish to grant them.
NB: If you have assigned Panel Administrator roles to other administrators in your myPromethean organization, you do not need to add them as new users in Radix VISO. Instead, ask them to sign in to their myPromethean account and to use the Radix icon from the Apps at the top. A new user account will be created, and they will be logged in automatically as the new user to your Radix domain.
To add a new user:
- Select Users in the left menu.
- Click the + icon at the top.
- Enter the required user information on the form.
- Click Add.
Enter the name of the new user.
When you move on to the next field, your Radix VISO domain name will be automatically added at the end of the user’s name. For example: user@my_domain
This is the username that the new user will use to sign in to their profile on the domain. This is done via the login page on your domain URL which appears in your browser (https://*.glbth.com).
NB: Please ensure that you read the recommended network requirements for Radix VISO.
An email address is required. It may be used to contact the user.
The password must be at least 8 characters and include a combination of letters, numbers and symbols.
Choose between the user types below. Each type provides the user with different privileges.
- Observer – the user has only access to the Device console and can only view the device’s location when clicking on a device.
- User – the user has access to all Radix VISO functions except User Management.
- Admin – the user has access to all Radix VISO functions.
You can add tags to users so that they can only see certain devices.
To be visible to a user, a device must contain all the tags set for the user.
- If a user is tagged with ‘teachers’, the user will only be able to see the devices which include ‘teachers’ in their tags.
- If a user is tagged with ‘teachers’ and ‘building 1’, the user will only be able to see the devices which include both of those in their tags. Devices containing either ‘teachers’ or ‘building 1’ as one of their tags will not be visible to the user.
If a user is set with no tag, all registered devices will be visible.
The interface will appear to the user in the language selected.
NB: The email address, password and language can be changed by the user directly from their User profile. All the options, except ‘Name’, can be changed at any time by an Admin user from the Users console.