If you have connected a Windows computer to your ActivPanel Titanium or Titanium Pro, you may notice unexpected sounds and notifications when switching sources, for example after using the Promethean Whiteboard app.
The simplest way to prevent this is to switch these notifications off. The following steps are for Windows 10, but previous versions of Windows will have similar options.
Stop AutoPlay Notifications
- Tap the Windows logo and select Settings.
- Tap System.
- Tap Notifications & Actions.
- Scroll down to the AutoPlay option. From here you can:
- Stop all notifications and sounds by switching off the AutoPlay option.
- Tap the AutoPlay option and turn off notification banners. This will prevent your computer from displaying on-screen notifications.
- Tap the AutoPlay option and turn off notification sounds. This will prevent your computer from playing any notification sounds.
Stop New Device Connect/Disconnect Sounds
- Right click (press and hold) on the Volume icon on the taskbar.
- Tap Sounds.
- In the Program events box that appears look for Device Connect and Device Disconnect.
- Select one at a time and set the Sounds option to None.
- Click Apply and then OK.
Once you have updated these settings, your computer should no longer play sounds or display notifications when you switch sources.